Wednesday, December 26, 2007

'Twas the season

Back from a wonderful Christmas Eve celebration at my in law's house and a warm and happy Christmas day party at my brother's and SIL's home--Santa was very good to all of us! Among several great gifts, I am getting the new Janome free motion quilt foot for my 6600! It will be fun to test this foot out when it arrives. Still have more gifts to open at my in law's tonight--wow, a full three days of presents and time with family!

Although I love Christmas, I am finding myself already contemplating the next big holiday and thinking a LOT about my New Year's resolutions for 2008. I love the idea of having a concrete starting point for making some improvements and changes. I know you can (and should) be able to make changes any time throughout the year (and I do!)--but to me there is something so wonderfully "clean slate" about the turnover of a new year. I'm jotting out my ideas--some are lifestyle, some are financial goals, some are quilty plans, some are goals for my home improvement projects for 2008. It's going to be interesting this year, because rather than a piece of paper that gets tucked into my underwear drawer (and later lost), I'm going to post them in a list here. I think that having an almost daily reminder of my plans might have a big impact on my level of success in pursuing them! Anyone else out there love making resolutions as much as I do?

1 comment:

Jen said...

You are going to have to let me know about that foot. I just don't get what the hype is all about. I've Yet to have to do anything with my other bobbin tension wise.