Thursday, January 10, 2008

Quilty things I am grateful for

No, these are not cool new quilty gadgets or new fabrics or great threads.....but I realized that each and every time I sit down to sew, I think to myself "wow, I'm so glad I have these in my 'studio' space." What are these great items you ask? They're not glamorous, but I love 'em. First are my shock absorbent floor mats.


I bought these at one of the local home improvement mega stores for about $15US for a package of four interlocking squares. I use two in front of my cutting table and two in front of my ironing board. I'm prone to lower back problems and my knees aren't what they used to be (which is why I love to walk, not jog) and these mats have made a HUGE difference in my comfort level! They don't look like much, but they are worth their weight in gold when it comes to reducing fatigue.

Another favorite is the GE brand Reveal light bulbs.

I have a generic incandescent clamp-on desk lamp attached to my cutting table and have found that these bulbs give off a wonderful non-yellow light that is easy on the eyes and seems to show true colors in fabric ala the ever-popular Ott light. It's just a nice clean light--one of those simple things that I have found makes for pleasant time spent in the "studio."

2 comments:

Jen said...

I have those mats too. Unfortunately on my carpet there's enough give that they shift around and pop apart. I think I'll be gifting them to my Friend Michelle if she'd like them to put by her machine in the basement.

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to post my 7 random things later today...watch this space!! :o)